UNIQA CZ was established in 1993. It was entered in the Commercial Register on 28 May 1993 (under its then name Česko-rakouská pojišťovna, a.s.). In line with the Group strategy of presenting a uniform image of its branches, on 18 June 2001 the insurance company was renamed to UNIQA pojišťovna, a.s. UNIQA was awarded a licence to conduct business in financial services on 23 April 1993.
Pursuant to Act No. 363/1999 Coll., on Insurance, UNIQA was subject to the re-licensing proces completed within the statutory time limit, and was awarded a licence by the Ministry of Finance of the Czech Republic (hereinafter “MF”) on 7 February 2002 to conduct business in insurance, reinsurance and related services.
On 29 November 2004, the foregoing licence was expanded to include “educational activities for insurance brokers and independent loss adjusters”. On 12 July 2005, the licence to provide facultative reinsurance was extended to include additional insurance segments. In the second half of 2005, the Company was granted approval to expand insurance services to Poland, Hungary and Slovakia, based on the freedom to temporarily provide services. UNIQA pojišťovna is a composite insurance company offering a broad range of life and nonlife insurance products for individuals, entrepreneurs and businesses.
|Premium billing - mil.CZK||1 539||5 562||5 501||4 972||4 693|
|Non-life insurance - mil.CZK||1 111||4 164||3 994||3 722||3 497|
|Life assurance - mil.CZK||428||1 398||1 507||1 250||1 196|
|Total numbers of contracts||697 800||686 140||644 389||596 603||537 840|
|Yearly growth market %||-0,4||-0,1||-0,3||8||2,3|
|Yearly growth UNIQA %||4,9||3,4||6,6||5,9||7,2|
|Profit for the period - TCZK||325 004||176 632||157 189||349 500|
|Registered capital - TCZK||500 000||500 000||500 000||500 000||480 000|
|I.Q.2013||Czech insurance total
|Czech insurance total
In the past difficult year, UNIQA Group’s total premium volume increased slightly by 0.2% to EUR 5.543 billion. The parent company in Austria recorded a 3.2% decline in premiums, in particular due to a drop in single-premium business. Conversely, companies operating in the CEE region within UNIQA International generated EUR 1,296 billion in premiums, up 4.5%, and in Western Europe premiums written increased by 12% to EUR 682 million.
In the recurrent premium volume, UNIQA Group saw an increase of 1.5% EUR to 5.01 billion.In the CEE region the recurrent premium volume climbed by 8% to EUR 1.183 billion.
UNIQA Group posted a profit before taxes of EUR 205.4 million (EUR 130 million after taxes). The Group’s earnings met two targets set out for 2012: to return it back to the black and surpass the 2010 profit (EUR 141.8 million). The Group rebounded from the temporary downturn in 2011 when non-recurring expenditure on the repositioning of UNIQA and value adjustment of Greek government bonds resulted in the Group’s loss of EUR 322 million.
UNIQA’s cooperation with Raiffesen Group
This successful cooperation continued in offering to the bank’s clients exclusive life assurance under the name Raiffeisen life assurance DIVIDENDA. More than 4,000 new customers purchased the product in Raiffeisenbank over twelve months, and the premium volume amounted to of CZK 45 million. Another popular product, UNIQA’s optional accident insurance offered with Raiffeisenbank’s key type of account, e-Konto, has attracted almost 30,000 account holders to date. Business pertaining to Raiffeisen payment cards also remained robust. The bank started optimization of the credit card portfolio in the fourth quarter of 2012, which highlighted the need for new and modern insurance providing protection to cardholders when shopping and travelling and facilitating credit line repayment in unexpected situations. 2012 also saw preparations for UNIQA’s engagement in the activity of Raiffeisen penzijní společnost.
Part of the pension schemes is insurance against defaulted monthly payments toward pension savings. In addition, UNIQA provides supplementary pension insurance for Raiffeisen penzijní společnost. The range of financial activities of the Group is to be expanded within the scope of planned cooperation with newly established Raiffeisen investiční společnost.
The quality of collaboration with the bank was again confirmed in the spring 2013 by the results of a survey conducted by Market Vision, which assessed banking services comprising offerings and sales of unit-linked life assurance within the scope of mystery shopping. Raiffeisenbank for the second year came on top as the provider of the best customer service in the Czech Republic.
This outcome attests to the mutually beneficial partnership combining bankers’ expertise with UNIQA’s top-quality product and stable service.
In the spring of 2012, UNIQA pojišťovna started off cooperation with ZUNO BANK – a member of the Raiffeisen Bank International family operating in the Czech market. The pilot project of this collaboration is insurance of consumer loans. Other bank-assurance products are being jointly designed.
• Risk life assurance with dividend
• FINANCE LIFE VISION - unit-linked insurance
• AKORD GARANT – single-premium life assurance
• Motýlek (Butterfly) – children’s life assurance
• Credit insurance
• AKORD – comprehensive all-life assurance policy
• BENEFIT and MANAŽER – group life assurance
• Credit/lease/loan default insurance
• Travel insurance, including group policies
• Accident insurance, including group policies
• PROGRES, SIMPLY, MAX - accident insurance
• Million-crown protection against death by accident
• Health insurance for foreigners
• MedUNIQA – comprehensive healthcare assistance policy
• Insurance of daily allowances during hospitalisation
• Insurance of daily sickness benefits
• NEMOCNICE – insurance of compulsory hospitalisation fees
• TOP EXCLUSIV, TOP STANDARD, BASIC - household contents insurance
• KASKO – motor damage insurance
• Motor third-party liability insurance
• UNIQA SafeLine – intelligent assistance with motor insurance
• Business liability and property insurance
• Shipping insurance
• Electronics insurance
• Road carrier’s liability insurance
• Legal protection insurance for drivers and vehicle owners
• Business interruption insurance for free-lancers
• Business interruption insurance for entrepreneurs
• Healthcare facility operator’s liability insurance
• Social service provider’s liability insurance
• Municipal administration liability insurance
• Agricultural organisation liability insurance
• Employees liability insurance
• Fairs and exhibitions insurance
• Forest insurance
• Construction and assembly insurance
• Travel agents compulsory bankruptcy insurance
• Insurance or reinsurance broker and insurance intermediary compulsory insurance
• Customs debt guarantee insurance
• Consumer tax guarantee insurance
• Employment agencies insurance